About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Thursday, May 03, 2007

from Doug to Downeaster

Day 210, Session 73:
When/Where: Thursday January 18th - Coming home from work.
First song: Doug Levy by Moxy Fruvous
Last full song: Downeaster "Alexa" by Billy Joel
Progress: 1008-1014 of 4802
Total Songs Heard: 864

A couple things to say before we hit the music.

First, sweetness! I think I've set this dealee up so that whenever I'm linking directly to a song, you should be able to play it without leaving the page. For now that mostly means Coulton songs will play directly on this page. (Of course if you like those songs, I can't recommend highly enough that you go to his site and pick up a cd or find out when he's playing near you.) For the future that opens up all sorts of possibilities, most of which I'll probably never fully realize.

Second, not so great, as of this evening this blog now appears on the first page of results if you Google zip gun plans. Even though THERE ARE NO PLANS HERE. (I realize of course that by typing this I'm only encouraging Google results to point this way, but maybe that's actually my plan. If people can't actually find the plans they're looking for that potentially means one less gun out there. Grass roots gun control at its lamest.)

Let's see about using that new feature. The first song of the day was another Fruvous fan song:
Doug Levy -
Moxy Fruvous

Give it a shot. Let me know if you were able to play the song with the little blue button.

There was a little juxtaposition of two of the last songs from today:
Down to the Old Pub Instead by Stephen Lynch is an old Irish song encouraging the guys to get away from the wife and off to the bar during certain days of the month.
Down To The River To Pray by Alison Kraus (from "O Brother Where Art Thou?") is an old timey gospel type song encouraging everyone to follow the lord down to the river for some good old fashion baptizin'.

It was jarring to hear these two songs back to back. I'm pretty sure if you combine the two songs together, you should make sure your old pub is not located in shark or piranha infested waters.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome!

That works great.

Bonus - a Moxy Fruvous song I've never heard before.

I gotta say, today was a good day.

I'll let you know if Spiderman 3 lives up to this high point...

Anonymous said...

HAY!

WHER R TEH ZIP GUN PLANZ!?!!!11

U SUXXORZ

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's up? This's Diana, the bartender at Redder I had some free time to look at this blog, and so far I'm digging it. I really like this consept so far, keep it up!

Hope all is well,
Diana

P.S. I hope you found your wedding band. I'll keep on checking out this blog, it's very entertaining so far!

matt said...

Diana...Thanks for visiting. We did indeed find the wedding band, so all is well. I'll have to bring The Wife in for a visit, preferably some day after I haven't been drinking at a Cubs game all afternoon.

Mike...How was the spidersman? I finally saw Hot Fuzz. It was fantastic.

zipgunners... sry noob i got no 1337 planz!!11one!1!!one