About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's going on around here

So, where are we now?

I'm back from vacation. I have a new computer. We're really down to one problem... the new computer is set up for SATA hard drives, the old one had an IDE hard drives.

What _that_ means is that all my music is stuck on my other hard drive. Yes, I could just load everything back onto the new machine manually, but I'm holding out hope that there's an easier way (and yes, if I were smarter I would have thought of this before I bought the new machine, then again, if I were smart I wouldn't need a new machine at all.)

Moral of the story: we're close, but not quite back yet.

Hey, here's something about music! If The Swell Season come to your town and you like great music and hilarious Irish-accented story telling you must go see them. If you saw the movie Once, you already know how awesome the music will be, but the concert experience part was also outstanding. Glen Hansard is a madman (in the good way) and Marketa Irglova is just as charming on stage as she was in the movie. Also, she's 20! Are you fucking kidding me? 20?!?! Yes, she looks young, but 20?!?! Fuck me. I need another shot at my entire 20s and her 20s just started.

Ahem. Sorry. Anywho, if they come to your town: GO!

These people had much better seats than we did (at a completely different show:)

1 comment:

Mike said...

Damn, I'm jealous. Love those guys. They actually WERE here, but I missed it. Maybe they'll come back.

And the Marketa thing is crazy - he's almost 20 years older than her, and met her when she was 9 or 10. Yikes.

Apparently you can hook up both hard drives and adjust the boot order (which drive the computer tries to pull the OS information from) in the bios menu at startup. Then they'll both be available at the same time and you can transfer your data or just use both drives. That's just from a quick google search. But it's understandable to be hesitant about it if you don't feel like bricking your computer again.