About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

from I Know to I Live With It Every Day

Day 828, Session 139:
When/Where:
Thursday September 25th (Happy birthday sister!) - Driving around.
First song: I Know by Fiona Apple
Last full song: I Live With It Every Day by Barenaked Ladies
Progress: 2155-2158 of 6100
Total Songs Heard: 1770

Only heard 4 songs as I took the iPod on my afternoon chores run but neglected to bring headphones so I could only listen in the car. I know, I'm dumb.

I was pleased to find the version of I Like It, I Love It I have is not based on the craptacular country song that ruined football highlights for an football season a few years ago.

I Like It, I Love It - Lyrics Born

As a result of my cop story, I forgot to mention two other great songs that should have been mentioned in the last post. It's actually 2 versions of one great song.

I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You is what I imagine my life would be like were I not already married. Lots of nights spent out at bars, falling in love from across the room, and then not doing anything about it. The bonus goodness here is it was the 10,000 Maniacs version of the song, which was on a tribute cd, that first introduced me to the music of Tom Waits.

If you've never listened to Tom Waits, I can't recommend his early stuff strongly enough. I'd start with Closing Time, a bottle of your spirit of choice, and a dimly lit room. I know it might sound like a depressing set up but it's actually that comforting sort of melancholy; the kind that gives you chance to sit back and let old, tired, pent up badness seep out.

I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You - 10,000 Maniacs
I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tribute albums always make me desperately want to hear the original artist. 10,000 maniacs are good but Tom Waits is soooo good.