About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Monday, August 13, 2007

A brief pause to reflect on 1000

One of the things I love about the more or less constant listening to my iPod is the way the ear buds do a really good job of blocking out the world around me. I don't have those fancy noise blocking dealees either, just a normal set of $20 replacements for the original iPod set that died out around song 400. (If you work for a company that supplies more expensive headphones and would like to send me a pair, please contact me. I'm sure we can work something out.)

The only downside is that constantly having buds in my ears leads to earritation (that's right, I went there.) I've been off the Pod the last few days letting my right ear return to normal. In the down time I've put together a mix containing the first 1000 songs. Disc 1 is available here. A bit of warning... if you're looking to rock, well you've forgotten most of the songs I've written about, and you're going to be disappointed.

(Standard mp3 disclaimer applies here, please support the artists in this mix by buying a cd or tickets to a concert or something. Or even better, if you see them on the street, give them $5. That way the fat cat record company doesn't get a cut. If you are a fat cat record company and want me to remove any links, let me know.)

Here's the track list, presented of course, in alphabetical order:

From 'Cello Song to Brother - The First 1000 Songs (Disc 1)
1. 'Cello Song - Nick Drake
2. Across The Universe - Rufus Wainwright
3. Act My Age - the Argument
4. Afternoons And Coffeespoons - Crash Test Dummies
5. All Over You - Live
6. And So It Goes - Billy Joel
7. Back - Barenaked Ladies
8. Beercan - Beck
9. Better - Jonathan Coulton
10. Beware, Brother, Beware - Louis Jordan
11. Bewilderbeast - Badly Drawn Boy
12. Bitches Ain't Shit - Ben Folds
13. BJ Don't Cry - Moxy Früvous
14. Blackbird - Sarah McLachlan
15. Boxing - Ben Folds Five
16. Broken Harpoon - The Jayhawks
17. Brother - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Feel free to follow the links above to some of the entries that mention the included songs. We'll hit song 1000 tomorrow night. I'll be "live blogging" the last few songs after work. Stop by if you have a chance. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: