About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tuesday June 27th

Day 5, Session 4:
Location: On the way to, and through some of the morning at work.
First song: About An Hour Ago by O.A.R.
Last full song: Act Nice And Gentle by The Black Keys
Progress: 85-95 of 3962

Contained the nice back to back of About Me (They Might Be Giants) and About You (Teenage Fanclub.)

When I was in Pittsburgh quite a few years back visiting a friend we randomly wandered into a bar and saw a group from West Virginia called the Argument. They were one of my favorite musical finds. Included in this set was their song Act My Age, an anthem to not wanting to do grown up things like have day jobs and buy houses and the like. Pretty well reflects how I feel about such things.

the Argument decided about a month ago that after 9 years as a pretty successful indie band that it was time to move on to other things. It sounded alarmingly like they decided it was time for growing up. I am not pleased.

No comments: