About Me

My photo
Living in Chicago, by way of Dayton, OH and Havertown, PA. Contact me at atozpod@gmail.com.

Labels

Subscribe

eXTReMe Tracker

Where You At?

Monday, July 10, 2006

Wednesday June 28th - Morning

Day 6, Session 5:
Location: The morning commute... walk and train.
First song: Action by Clem Snide
Last full song: Adlib 2 by Barenaked Ladies
Progress: 96-105 of 3962


Clem Snide is one of those groups that I most probably never would have discovered were it not for someone else saying, "Hey, this sounds like something you would like." In this case thanks are due to my sister Kate. In 11 days I'll be in New York City for Kate's wedding. It'll be a little strange because I'm not part of the wedding party as brothers and sisters usually are (both of my sisters were part of the bridal party.) Nope, instead of being part of the wedding party, I'll actually be performing the ceremony. I quickly learned that "performing the ceremony" is the best wording for what I'll be doing. Telling people that "I'm marrying my sister and her fiance" made my family sound like we should be on some new HBO drama.

During parties back in college I was known to perform an occasional drunken wedding in the basement of the BOX. I liked using the line "By the power vested in me by the state of intoxication, I now pronounce you..." (A line stolen from an episode of M*A*S*H.) I won't be acting under the power of intoxication next Friday, at least not until the reception. I just hope I don't accidentally perform several additional ceremonies while trying to relive the college fun.

BTW, you should take a listen to some Clem Snide (they're on iTunes,) I think you'd like it.

No comments: